Traditional powder coating has been in use for quite some time and you’re likely very familiar with the process. Free flowing, dry powder is utilized. The coating is applied electrostatically and then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a “skin.” The powder is used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. The process binds the powder coating material to the cabinet which physically bonds to the metal making it more resistant to scratches/damage which would expose the cabinet to the elements.
There are several advantages of powder coating:
- Responsible powder coating emits zero volatile organic compounds (VOC) making it a safe and green alternative to conventional liquid coatings.
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Capital equipment and operating costs for a powder line are generally less than for conventional liquid lines allowing cost savings to be passed on to you.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
- A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.
Powder coating is quickly becoming a required standard for high-quality LED message center manufacture. Make sure your investment is properly protected. Accept no imitations. While many coatings may appear similar, you’ll see the difference when you try to scratch beneath the surface.
*Always feel free to comment here and/or email me directly with requests at email@example.com. Vantage LED has white paper resources and more educational material on the website (http://www.vantageled.com), please check it out when you have a moment. Advertisements/promotion for your business and inappropriate comments will be deleted.. Thank you!
**Note all posts/thoughts/writings are strictly the viewpoint of me and me alone and do not reflect nor speak for Vantage LED’s beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, etc. unless specifically stated.